Cool Mom Picks – Bumbleride Indie 4: Lightweight and off-road ready
Esther at Cool Mom Picks recently put Indie 4 through their family’s usual paces: the mall, the park and the boardwalk. Here are a few highlights from her review:
- I’m happy to report that after a week of using the Bumbleride Indie 4 as our main ride, its all-terrain wheels provide the smooth ride I’m used to from my The Bugaboo Cameleon 3 and that’s saying something.
- I put it the Indie 4 through our usual paces at the mall, the park, and the boardwalk, and I love that it handles turns on a dime and is narrow enough to easily navigate in and out of doorways.
- I especially appreciate the extendable sun canopy that provides extra coverage for my son.
- The Indie 4 is also heavy enough that if I hook a couple bags to the back, it won’t topple over when I remove my son from his seat…
- I also feel like I’m helping the environment on some level because the fabric is eco-friendly, made from recycled PET and bamboo blend.
- The 22-pound Bumbleride Indie 4 all-terrain stroller is not as lightweight as an umbrella stroller, although it is easy enough to lift into the trunk of a car (and I’m five months pregnant and ultra-cautious about what I lift these days).
- All things considered, I think the Bumbleride Indie 4 is a fantastic stroller, especially given the $599 price point which includes an infant bassinet, a generously-sized cargo basket underneath, and the all-important cup holder.
Read the whole review here, http://coolmompicks.com/blog/2014/07/01/bumbleride-indie-4-stroller-review/ .