Bumbleride’s NEW Indie 4 stroller: ready.explore.uniquely you.
Baby Dickey recently reviewed our Indie 4 all terrain stroller after owning the Indie since last fall. Here are a few highlights from her review:
- Last fall I tried out the wonderful Bumbleride Indie stroller and still LOVE it! It moves like a dream. If you remember, I had that video of my then 3-year-old pushing his little sister in it because it IS so easy and he even commented about how “fast” it goes.”
- I mostly wondered if it would still move amazingly well, like its sister stroller. YES, it definitely does!
- I adore anything with a bassinet. I think I need another baby just to use the bassinet… hint hint, to the husband. The stroller seat and the bassinet are two separate pieces so you will need storage for whichever you aren’t using. The bassinet does easily and nicely fold flat, though, with a simple sliding bar at the base!
- There’s a nice zippered cover for the bassinet and of course the large canopy works with it, too. You can remove the bassinet from the stroller to use like a bed, which would be useful when your baby falls asleep on the walk!
- The stroller seat has an adjustable strap on the back for reclining the seat to any position.
- I love the sides of the stroller when the seat is reclined and the protection and comfort that fabric provides.
Eco Conscious Fabric
- One of the reasons I’m a big fan of the Bumbleride brand is their use of eco-conscious fabric on their strollers. The Indie 4 is made up of 50% recycled PET (14 plastic bottles) and 50% bamboo charcoal fiber to help reduce landfill space while offering improved comfort and durability. The fabric wicks away moisture, too, which helps regulate your child’s temperature and inhibits bacterial growth.
- I have to talk about the fold. Having tried out a good number of strollers, I’m super picky about how a stroller folds and stands (IF it stands). The Indie 4 has a simple fold—pull up on the two levers with both hands (pretty standard) and it basically folds in half. Then you’ll see a handle to easily carry it in the folded position.
- Why I love it: it auto locks (yea, not all strollers do!) AND (even better) it stands on its own when folded. A MUST. It doesn’t, however, easily move when folded—you have to carry it and it’s 22 lb, which isn’t bad and certainly manageable.
- Mini Board- We got the mini-board to attach to the back of our Indie (pictured above) for Ryan and he loves his “skateboard.” I am slightly aware of the mini-board while I’m walking behind it, but I’ve never “tripped” on it or anything and the Indie still moves like a dream with it attached
- Snack Pack-The child snack pack is another must-have for Bumbleride strollers. It goes right in front where the bumper bar was, zippers shut when you aren’t using it, and has two nice and deep compartments for snacks and drinks. It’s great!
Learn more about Indie 4 here, www.bumbleride.com/strollers/indie4.
Read the full review here, http://babydickey.com/2014/06/24/bumbleride-indie-4-stroller/.